What are we talking about today ?
📣 URBAN RADAR IS IN THE MIDDLE OF A FUNDRAISING ROADSHOW 📣
We are very excited that Impact investors resolutely identify Greentech as great opportunities to meet their impact and financial objectives.
We attribute to our observation of 3 main factors:
- Governments buying process speed for innovation improves towards the 3-5 months corporate B2B standards
- The private sector opportunity to leverage the public sector to reach their respective economic and regulatory goals
- Younger generation of public sector ‘people’ – at all levels of responsibility – fight for change from the inside.
Governments increasingly buy like B2B
Governments have been evolving towards Corporate B2B behaviour.
Yes, the public sector is still not capable of acting at rocket speed but some public entities are now slicker than some corporations. In the US or Europe, we see evidence that the public sector takes quick regulatory actions to tackle the environment, the energy crises and the social divide emergencies.
For example, raising the public procurement threshold by 120% (100k) to buy innovation in France or the European fast tracking investment to Research and Development budget for 10Bn+.
SUSTAINABILITY AND PROFITABILITY ?
Public-private collaboration opens new market opportunities
Agents of change are already inside
Urban Radar seats in the front seat of the public sector change.
From the Nordics to as South as Madeira in Portugal, politicians and municipal operators increasingly join a public career to be agents of change.
They act fast, break organizational silos, isolate the naysayers to drive impact in their communities. They change the system exactly like large corporations have been evolving 15 years ago: new ways of working, hyper responsive decisions and KPIs driven management. B2G turns into corporate B2B.
Urban Radar's takeway
This doom horizon ironically creates opportunities for business and investors in green and gov tech. The climate, energy and social equity crisis can be mitigated with:
- Innovation of public-private collaboration – adapting our individual behaviours (less heat, VMT, etc)
- Helping the public sector target their investments, regulatory updates and decisions with improved data and at a pace never seen before.
Some legacy industries will be disrupted in the process… but that’s Urban Radar secret business sauce